Thursday, June 30, 2011

Greetings from Day 13, or something like that

Hello again from Leigh Creek!

I'm afraid I'm in another rush unfortunately, so here's another quick bullet summary of what has happened this week!
  • got lost in the meandering stream system of Warraweena after dark (deemed the "Death March", perhaps will elaborate with next week's update)
  • measured 5 more stratigraphic sections at not-so-fantastic outcrop
  • victimized by an attack from a rogue mouse (see this post by Jon!)
  • stumbled across an emu's nest!
I've written a post about my encounter with ants and the mysterious mystery that was solved early in the field season.  Also, lots more photos. I hope this gives you guys enough to read until then. Cheers mate!

Christine

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. You are in their (ants, mouse, mice, etc.) territory; so be alert at all times is essential. I see you enjoying the experience. It is a beautiful outback.

    Use the gel in the little red-color tin for bug bites; the smell repells flys and others.

    ReplyDelete