Thursday, August 18, 2011

So long, farewell

Greetings from home, everyone!

I've just spent four wonderful days sightseeing in Sydney, and am now home for a real break until I return to campus to begin my junior year. What an amazing summer this has been! I do believe I have fallen for the Australian outback, and I am ultra-excited for my next opportunity to do field work, whenever that may be.

For my last update, I've written about some of the Aussies who have generously helped us in our research and assembled a list of entertaining (well, maybe only to us) quotes from the season. If you haven't been reading the blog regularly, that's okay--photographs are worth a thousand words, and I've compiled a bunch of my favorite photos from the season into the following slideshow/video. Enjoy! (*I highly recommend watching it in 720p HD, which you can choose by toggling the '360p' button on the lower bar.)



This post may mark the end of my summer blog, but it is not the end of my involvement in this project. This fall semester, I will continue my research by running carbon isotope analysis on the breccia samples collected from Saint Ronan and hopefully combine that data with the Trimble map to tell the story of the paleocanyon in a junior paper. Let's hope it all goes well!

So long and thanks for your support and for reading my blog! I've had a rewarding time, and I hope that it's been fun for you, too.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. A well-done job in deed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find limestone paver
    At Gaiastone we take great pride on the values we bring into work; we are passionate about natural stone, and we are also passionate about our environment. In fact, our name, Gaiastone, means Stone from the Earth.
    http://www.gaiastone.com.au/

    ReplyDelete