Thursday, August 18, 2011

Top 10 quotes from the field

This blog could hardly be complete without a collection of quotidian quotes from the field season. Presenting, in no particular order, the top ten quotes, completely stripped of context and authors for the sake of our good names. We'll understand if you're confused, and hope that you don't ask too many questions.

"Both of my advisers have distinctive ways of holding their pants up." 
"In Lord of the Rings, active tectonism is inherently evil." 
"It seems that Marvolo, in his frustration, is shitting all over our cans." 
"So when do we get to... to... Chippawhoopa?" 
"Did you know I went to Harvard? You know, for four years? Yeah, I got a degree. From Harvard." 
"Jon, go [REDACTED] yourself." 
"I broke my arm riding my bike." 
"LEGOLAS! What do your Elven eyes see?"
"That's the way of the world. The waaay of the woooorld!" 
"Is that a yoga mat?"

Lines that didn't make the cut:

"What are the health risks of living under high voltage power lines?"  
"My god, it's like London in 1066!" 
"R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me! R-E-S-P-E-C-T, take care, blah blah blah, WOO!" 
"Go eat an asswipe!" 
"Are you sure you understand the rule of thirds?" 
"I'm afraid this section has turned my Sharpie into a Bluntie."
"Tiiiiiimmmm Taaaaamm....!" 
"Are Chinese people hard to burn?" 
"Jooorrrahhhhh dee Andaaallll!" 
 "Next time, I won't be riding on loose nuts."
"Excuse me, have you seen my five million dollar diamond ring? I'm afraid I've dropped it, on the road here." 
"Ya huuurd?"
"Clove? Clove? What the [REDACTED] kind of name is that? Clove... pah!" 

It's a bloody shame that we we'll have to keep you in the dark about party chiefs, voices, the art of burning f*cklets, Beast resonance at 60 km/hr, mon frere, peanut butter bucket traps, Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, P.O.O.P., fiber and its effects on the bowels (the previous two things were actually entirely unrelated), Croser specials, first impressions, red and blue colored hats, bulrush-induced stigmata, 'would you rather', Hugh Jackman and Tina Fey, wtf topology, burping talents, and much more. Sometimes, what happens in the field stays in the field.

3 comments:

  1. haha...I cannot wait to make you explain a couple of these. WELCOME BACK, CHRISTINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exactly professors holding up their pants differently than anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. slot online indonesia

    ReplyDelete