Monday, July 4, 2011

Day... something update!

Hello readers from Leigh Creek once again!

We have just spend 4 days in Flinders Ranges National Park and will now be heading off for Oodnapanicken for two weeks. We'll be breaking out our new shiny GPS equipment (the Trimble) as well as meeting up with Catherine Rose, another graduate student, and her field assistant Erica Wallstrom, an Earth science school teacher from Vermont. It'll be a party!

So I only have one update this week, and that's part two of 'the outback is out to get me' series. Hopefully, it'll only be a two-parter--I'm not sure if I could stand a third.

In two weeks time, I hope that I can at least give you an update on the following topics:
  • the rickety old 1981 Land Cruiser called the Beast
  • our dietary regimen
  • what we do for fun (you mean, when we're not scaling mountains and being awesome?)
  • more in-depth information about the geology surrounding stratigraphic measurements
  • mapping with the Trimble
Unfortunately, I am a horrendously slow writer, and this list is optimistic, but perhaps inspiration will take me by surprise. If you would like to hear about anything else, just make a suggestion in the comments or send me a message here.

See you all in a bit! Thanks for reading all. :)

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment